Hi Friends! Happy Thursday! I can’t believe I didn’t get my #WhatUpWednesday post up for you yesterday. I would have SWORN I posted it but realized I never wrote it as I was laying down for bed at 11 last night. Oops.
Oh well… there’s nothing new really up in my life anyways since we’ve been stuck inside since last week! Speaking of being stuck inside…
Today we’re talking about one of my favorite activities, sitting on my couch and binge watching my shows. Because we all know that one of the best ways to pass our time/ease our anxiety/forget about what’s happening outside right now is to get lost streaming on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Disney+!
So lets melt into contentment with content, shall we?
For When You Need A Little Bit of Comfort
Like comfort food, these are the shows that give me all the warm fuzzies.
- Gilmore Girls (Netflix) A trip to Star’s Hallow always makes my heart so happy!
- The Great British Baking Show (Netflix) You know those videos of people icing cookings on Instagram that are super soothing? The Great British Baking Show is like that, but funny with loveable people baking delicious looking things!
- Boy Meets World (Disney+) Because nothing brings comfort like nostalgia.
- Hart of Dixie (Netflix) One of my all time favorite shows. Get lost in the small town of Bluebell, Alamaba and fall in love with the people that live there. (Lookin’ at you Wade Kinsella!)
- The Middle (Prime Video) The Middle has always been one of my favorite shows. I’ve seen every episode multiple times. As a born and raised midwesterner, I relate to this show so hard. It’s heartwarming, sad, happy, funny and something you can watch with your entire family. I’ve always thought it was SUPER underrated. If you’ve never seen it, you need to watch it now!
For When You Need to Smile
These are the shows that can make me smile, even on my saddest days.
- The Office (Netflix) Duh.
- Parks and Rec (Netflix) Double Duh.
- Schitt’s Creek (Netflix) The Canadian comedy that stole my whole heart… If you’ve tried to watch but couldn’t get into it, give it a couple episodes. You’ll get sucked in, I promise! (Just like The Office and Parks and Rec!)
- New Girl (Netflix) This show premiered when I was in college and my friends and I loved to watch it together. Not only is the show the amazing and filled with super lovable characters, it brings back really happy memories for me with my friends!
- Queer Eye (Netflix) This show just warms your cold, dead heart.
For When You Need A Little Love
Because a little romance (I’m using that term VERY lightly here) is always a good idea.
- Love is Blind (Netflix) This cringeworthy reality show from Netflix is everything you’ve heard about it and more. It’s a train wreck that you can’t look away from.
- Love Island (Hulu) Ever wonder what it would be like to try to find love with people making decisions for you? No? Me neither… until I stumbled upon Love Island. And now I can’t stop watching it.
- Outlander (Netflix) My newest obsession is Outlander. A romantic run through Scottish history with the cutest redhead I ever did see. Turn it on to see Jamie run around in a kilt, but stay for the incredible romance and drama that you will see unfold. And then thank me later.
- You (Netflix) Because I like my love stories with a side of murder.
- To All The Boys (Netflix) I know this isn’t a show that you can binge, BUT there are two movies and both are freakin’ amazing. If you haven’t already seen then, you will love them and they will make you believe in love. And you’ll also believe in Peter Kavinsky… and his adorable laugh.
When You Can’t Agree On A Show
These shows are ones that both Trev and I can always agree on!
- Jack Ryan (Amazon Prime) Jim Halpert has grown up and is now a CIA analyst that saves the world and is a complete Bad Ass. This show will have your heart racing… and you might have to cover your eyes once or twice.
- Chernobyl (Amazon Prime) This show is not for the faint of heart, let me just start by saying that. This historical drama shows the horrors and chaos of what we know to have happened in Chernobyl. Highly, highly recommend. Oh, but skip Episode 4. (I did… they kill pets. My heart couldn’t handle that.)
- The Imagineering Story (Disney+) This is one of the best shows I’ve watched in awhile! If you love Disney, you will love this! You learn the story of the Disney empire, and see how Imagineers are constantly pushing to create mind blowing attractions.
- The Mandalorian (Disney+) BABY YODA. Need I say more?
For When You Want To Visit Another Planet
- Tiger King (Netflix) BECAUSE THIS IS THE CRAZIEST SH*T I’VE EVER SEEN.
What are you watching while you’re snuggled up at home?! Leave your favorites in the comments below 🙂
Alright my loves, I’m off to start a puzzle and eat some ice cream! Have a great weekend, stay home, stay safe and stay healthy!
I’ll be back on Sunday.