Weekend Round Up (On A Monday!)

Happy Monday my Loves! Have you ever had a weekend where NOTHING goes as planned and then everything kind of snowballs and Sunday night your left running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off? That was me last night, and that’s the reason why this post is going up today instead of yesterday!

Speaking of posts being off… the last week of every month is always really busy for me, and September is no exception! We have a staff meeting the last Tuesday of every month which means I leave for work at 5:45 am and don’t get get until 8:00 pm. On these days I’m always too exhausted to do anything but shower and head to bed, so no new post tomorrow!

You also won’t be getting a #WhatUpWednesday until Thursday this week because Wednesday is my birthday!

Okay now that we have alllll of that out of the way, let’s get into our weekend round up, shall we?

Our weekend started on Friday night when I got out of work. My dad was in town to help us with a few projects and we had ambitious plans to finish up our main floor! I met my dad and Trev at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants for dinner!

After dinner, we made a quick Target run before heading home to settle in for the night. As per usual, we did a terrible job getting just what we needed and came home with lots of treasures. Including Jackson’s Halloween costume that he is SUPER THRILLED about.

Saturday slept in a little bit and enjoyed our coffee while we watched some Schitt’s Creek! (Sorry but they got completely robbed at the Emmy’s last night!!) Then, we made a plan of attack for our day! We had a few stores we needed to stop at before heading home to get some work done.

All I wanted was a selfie in the good lighting…

Just as we were starting to paint trim and get our new light out to hang, a storm blew in… and knocked out our power. So we lost an entire afternoon of work!

Wishing the power would turn back on.

Saturday evening we were heading to see Trev’s soccer team play under the lights, so we figured we’d cut our losses and hope to get everything done the following day. We all changed and were ready to go when Trevor went to shut the garage door. It had been open when we lost power and we had to close it manually. As soon as he pulled it to the ground we heard a giant pop and the door was suddenly askew. One of the cables popped and broke. SO not what we needed to happen. Luckily we found a repair man that could come the following day to fix it. (Unluckily, we had to shell out some unexpected cash. Ahhh the joys of home ownership.)

So we closed it as best we could and headed to Ferndale to grab dinner before Trev’s game. Little did we know… there was an art festival going on downtown Ferndale Saturday. We spent 45 minutes trying to find a place to park, and then our favorite place to eat wasn’t the same experience we usually have. And then… it started pouring.

We ran to the truck hoping that the rain would pass. But it didn’t pass quite fast enough. Trev’s game got put on rain delay. So we sat in his office watching football until they FINALLY told us they could go out on the field!

We were super excited to see the guys play under the lights! We ended up leaving at half time though, just because it was super late.

Sunday we woke up and got right to work! I spent the day painting trim, cleaning the house and doing laundry.

My dad got our new light hung up and it looks so amazing! I couldn’t wait to flip the switch and turn it on! So imagine my disappointment when I did and nothing happened. Long story short, none of the switches in our house control where we hang the light. (Our entire upstairs is the same way. We have switches that don’t control ANYTHING.) So my Dad bought a little pull switch thing, rehung the light anddddd it still didn’t work. So we have to call an electrician. Oh well… at least it looks pretty until we can get it working!

We also got out new microwave hung! It doesn’t work because of the weird wiring, and we’ve already got electricians comings out to fix it for us soon!

Trev spent his Saturday afternoon starting to hang trim and taking care of the garage with the repair man before he went had to leave for his women’s soccer game.

We finished out our weekend with dinner and spending some time with my Dad before we had to call it a night.

And now, it’s Monday! Our weekend definitely didn’t go as smoothly as we planned, and we didn’t get quite as much done as we’d hope. SO, you’ll just have to wait a little bit longer for our next House Update. (I want to wait until the trim is up at least!)

Alright friends. I’m off to watch some DWTS and try to unwind from the day. I’ll be back on Thursday!

OH! And before I forget… Happy First Day of Fall! Gimmie all the Fall things… I’m ready!


One thought on “Weekend Round Up (On A Monday!)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s